Table of Contents
Last Modified: October 2, 2020
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In emails and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through desktop applications you download from this Website, which may provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or marketing include links to this Policy.
This Policy does not cover any information collected by third-party websites or content or applications that may link to or be accessible from or on the website.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or register on the Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
Types of Information
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”).
- About your employer such as the employer name, address and monthly SEO budget.
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We Collect Information
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners and service providers.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect directly from you on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. Such information includes your name, title, email address, and telephone number.
- Professional or employment-related information, such as your employer’s industry, website domain and monthly SEO budget.
- Website SEO audit report created from the website address you provide for a SEO audit report. If you provide your employer’s website and expressly consent, we collect information about your company website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- You may also choose to submit personal information in response to marketing or other communications.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Personal data we collect from other sources. We may receive your personal data via a referral. In addition, we may supplement other personal data we have collected with information from third parties or other publicly available sources. If the service you use is offered by one of our partners and you registered with such a partner, we may also receive your personal data from them.
- The information we collect automatically includes statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to: estimate our audience size and usage patterns; store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests; speed up your searches; and recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Strictly necessary cookies. Our Website requires the use of these cookies to properly operate or provide necessary functions relating to the services you request. They include, for example, cookies enabling you to securely log into our website. These may be session cookies and persistent cookies that generally last two (2) years.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us and our third-party service providers to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us improve how our Website works (i.e., ensuring that users can easily find what they need on our Website). These cookies generate aggregate statistics that are not associated with an individualized profile, and are session cookies and persistent cookies that generally last two (2) years.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies enable helpful but non-essential website functions that improve your website experience. By recognizing you when you return to our website, they may, for example, allow us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, or remember your preferences. These cookies do not enable visitor identification over time and across websites. These cookies may enable visitor identification over time, but not across different websites.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Granwehr, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To communicate with you about our products and services.
- To send you personalized offers (from Granwehr or our selected partners).
- To conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction.
- To send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our selected partners).
- To fulfill your requests.
- To provide you with information regarding products or services that may interest you.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please email us at email@example.com. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
TRANSFER AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We may disclose personal information that we collect from you or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Granwehr’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Granwehr about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
There are certain circumstances in which we may share your personal information with third parties, as follows:
- Other Website users and clients who use our Website to communicate or otherwise interact with you.
- Sponsors, partners and collaborators of our products or services. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- Marketing parties that you consent to our sharing information for purposes of marketing our product and services to you.
We also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Granwehr, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising:
- If you do not want us to use your email address or contact information to promote our own products and services, or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in the email subject line “Opt-Out” with your instructions to remove your personal information from our records. You may also opt-out of further marketing communications by replying to any email we have sent you that contains an opt-out link on that message.
- If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
- Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates, or include plug-ins enabling third-party features. If you follow a link to any third-party website or engage a third-party plug-in, please note that these third parties have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these third parties.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website. Do Not Track. Our Website does not support Do Not Track settings (“DNT”) at this time. DNT is a privacy preference you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your website visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on a page. California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information. Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to opt-out by completing the form https://granwehr.com/do-not-sell and send the completed form by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. We use anonymizing and pseudonymizing where suitable and encrypt stored data when possible. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
We will keep your information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us or for as long as we reasonably require to retain the information for our lawful business purposes, such as for the purposes of exercising our legal rights or where we are permitted to do so. We operate a data retention policy and look to find ways to reduce the amount of information we hold about you and the length of time that we need to keep it.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You can review and change your personal information by sending us an email at email@example.com. Contact us by email if you wish to make a request to access, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. You may also have the right to: access, review, change or correct your personal information.
- request the deletion of your personal data.
- object to the processing of your personal data.
- withdraw your consent where Granwehr obtained your consent to process personal data (without this withdrawal affecting the lawfulness of any processing that took place prior to the withdrawal).
Granwehr will honor such requests for access, correction, deletion or any withdrawal or objection as required under the applicable data protection laws and regulations. However, please note that there may be applicable legal exemptions. Granwehr will respond to any such request and ask you to verify your identity.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://granwehr.com/california-privacy. California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions regarding our privacy practices or would like to review or update your personal data, you may email us at email@example.com.
Or By Mail To:Waltbury LLC
45 Lansing St Suite 2812
San Francisco, CA 94105